Logo

85 hp; evinrude carb sync and cable adjustment

stevecurtis

Having trouble syncing carbs and adjusting cable originaly motor was hard starting so i pulled carbs everything looked good so i tried making adjustments according to manual now everything seems to be worse PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
You just need to work out the bugs. When troubleshooting your just eliminating variables without good compression and spark nothing else matters. How old are your plugs and wires if you dont know replace them. You changed the water pump do you know how old the thermostat is or how old are the fuel lines. Ethanol is messing with our outboards alot a complete fuel system service is recomended, rebuild carbs, new fuel lines and clean/rebuild the fuel pump.

okay comp is #1 105 #2 110 #3 110 #4 105 new plugs ngk b7hs gap .040 cleaned carbs intalled a new fuel pump previously choke adjusted runs good just starts very hard on first try set throttle to start turn key actuate electric choke seems like forever before it starts once started fires right up every time i noticed alot of people have this problem on other sights but dont list problem or fix

Back