Logo

Oil/Fuel Mix....For lack of attention to detail , CONFUSED please help

Fredconk

When I bought my boat I asked on here to get the correct oil / fuel ratio . The boat came with a full tank of gas (already mixed) . So by the time I needed to fill it up again I had bought a new quart of oil . I added the correct mixture and then today I needed to fill it up again so I added the rest of the oil . Then I noticed the OLD ( half used quart of oil that came with the boat ) the bottle was yellow just like the new one I bought but it said SYNTHETIC on the label . I began to feel sick . Because what I bought was NOT synthetic. I had missed it on the label of the old bottle . It was in small type and mostly rubbed off from being stepped on and just old and weathered .
Now at the present moment ; I have a full tank of 100% gas with a 1/2 quart of 2 cycle Pennzoil in it . So far I have only run one tank of fuel with regular 2 cycle Pennzoil in it . Should I discard this new tank of gas / oil and replace it with gas and synthetic oil ?
I have been told ( on cars ) once you start using synthetic oil DO NOT use regular oil ever again in that engine . Do you think I have already messed up my outboard ? I only ran one tank so far with regular 2 cycle oil . Do you think it will be OK to go ahead and run this last tank with regular 2 cycle oil ; then start over using ONLY synthetic 2 cycle oil ?
I really do not want to just toss out $35.00 worth of fuel but would rather do that than mess up my outboard .
Another question is IF I do need to throw it out will it be ok to use it in other devices such as chainsaws , weed eaters , other 2 cycle motors I may have around here ?
:( :( :(

Thank you ;
Fredconk

Back