Logo

Honda 75 Throttle & gear cable adjustment help needed

Before you go pulling the carbs off, use your small fuel tank and put in about 2 oz or so of Sea Foam. http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use-sea-foam-motor-treatment.html

We use an ultrasonic cleaner, which just has a water solution in it. I never soak them in anything stronger than water. Others do, but you still have to make sure all the passages are clean. In order to do this, you have to know where they are and what they do...thus a good carb manual.

Just got a boat in that someone tried to clean the carbs, but missed the important passages by a mile. Then they did not set the idle mixtures correct and even put the muffler on wrong. On top of that, they left the remnants of the intake manifold gasket laying in the lower motor cover. What a hack!

Anyway...off my soapbox....if you are getting any flow through the clogged passages, the sea foam should help. If they are totally clogged, then it probably will not work...but worth a try.

Don't forget the carb balancing and valve clearances. The balancing can work wonders for a bad idle.

Mike

I need some help with this issue also.
how is the roller cam cable adjusted?
on the carburator side the arrow does not point to the slot when in the neutral position.
do i simply loosen the nuts on the pulleys and re position the wheel then re connect the cables tightly.
thanks,

I'm trying to see these photos also. I'm pretty new at this.
Just got my 75 hp 4 stroke out of shop.
Putting it in reverse the cable slide back and gets stuck on the throttle cable end. Found washers, clips missing and in the Bottom of engine. Seems the mechanic may have left off a retainer that possibly holds cables apart?? Frustrated need photos

Jackson68,

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry you're having problems.

You need to start another thread about this with your own heading/title because this thread is 10 years old and hondadude (Mike) no longer posts here.

As it stands I am probably the only subscriber left to this post and will likely be the only one that reads your questions. The problem is, I'm no hondadude and don't know these cable controls enough to help you. I only have experience with the smaller twin cylindee outboards that are much less complicated.

A new post will get many more people looking at your issue and providing help and ideas.

Good luck

Back