Logo

Trailer Brake Problems Again

Guythunder

I have a 2000 Tricker Trailer and about three years ago I had to replace wheel cylinders and master because they leaked and where full of rust, It set for three years because of surgery that I had, And now after another three years of sitting the master cylinder is empty and a little rusty again how can I clean out the rust out of the master cylinder without hurting anything and put a kit in it. I am also going to put kits (again) in the wheel cylinders, Getting a little tired of rebuilding these breaks every three years. Any Ideas As To Why they Keep Leaking.?:mad:

Old thread but there are 2 ways to make these wheel cyls last longer:
1) take a new cyl and remove the boot and pushrod. Put some OMC triple guard grease around the upper end of the piston. Then take high temp rtv and use that to seal the boot to the cylinder; also put some where the pushrod goes through the boot. This keeps water out and keeps the piston from seizing.

2) upgrade to the new style cylinders that do not use a boot but an o ring design instead, they do not trap water like the boot style ones. They are made by IPF and are sold by California Trailers.

Back