Logo

P.C.M. - 40 Slipping?

MB2001Idaho

I have a 2001 MB Sports Boss with a Pleasure Craft Marine - 40 Transmission. Today the transmission started slipping as I was skiing. I lifted the engine cover and there was ATF fluid on the bottom of the boat. I checked the tranny fluid level and it seemed fine. There is some sort of breather cap on top of the tranny and oil seemed to be leaking out of there, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Your description isn't consistent....if the ATF in the bilge used to be in the gear, then the fluid level should be low...if it wasn't then it is possible water has replaced some of the fluid. you may want to start with a drain and refill of the fluid. You can also check the fluid cooler to make sure it isn't damaged. if it slips again, get a pressure gauge on it and see what the pump is doing.

Your description isn't consistent....if the ATF in the bilge used to be in the gear, then the fluid level should be low...if it wasn't then it is possible water has replaced some of the fluid. you may want to start with a drain and refill of the fluid. You can also check the fluid cooler to make sure it isn't damaged. if it slips again, get a pressure gauge on it and see what the pump is doing.

sounds like the trans oil cooler is leaking water into the system. Mine was. Replace the cooler, flush with new fluid and seafoam (about 4 times).

Back