have a 34 ft silverton w/ 2 engines- installed 2 batteries for each engine ( starting & backup), 1 additional for house only total of 5 batteries
1 battery switch for each engine, have 1- 3 bank on board charger
installed a separate on/off switch for house battery connected to # 2 battery on port engine switch ( to allow port engine to charge when running if house bat goes low.
battery charger positive leads 1,2,3 1 is to port bat, 2 to strbrd bat, 3 to house bat
questions are ......
1. should ALL negative posts need to be connected together ?
2. should positive battery posts be connected together ( engine port 1 & 2 connected together- strdbrd 1 & 2 connected together)?
3. if charger is connected to port bat 1 won't it charge bat 2 also if both battery positive posts connected together ?
4. also doesn't this cause battery switch position 1 & 2 to be connected together ?
5. should each battery positive ( talking 1 engine) be left separated & only charger connected to both ? but again if charger is connected to both
positves then aren't I going back to # 4
really appreciate help, this has been a challenge I think I'm close though thanks