Logo

FORD LEHMAN

I have a sp90 and would like t

I have a sp90 and would like to know the max governed rpm

hi i have a 4cly ford lehman a

hi i have a 4cly ford lehman and would like to know what make and year it was build i have some numbers from it on the vaule cover there is 826f-6582-aab and 33-68-36 the block has 703-f6015-aaa the head has 743-f6090-aaa thanks alot mark

"I plan to buy a 1971 Grand Ba

"I plan to buy a 1971 Grand Banks with twin Ford Lehman 120s. Total hours is stated as 2715. The engines start easily and seen to run well. They have been run on biodiesel for the last 300 gallons. I have a marine survey with water test scheduled for next week. Then I plan to travel with the vessel appox 400 miles down river to have it hauled and a hull inspection. Should I have a oil analyst done and If so, how do I do that? What should normal oil consumption be? What should I look for on the trip down? What test should I have done? Please respond before august 2/2007 Thanks James"

I am in need of an affordable

I am in need of an affordable intake manifold and intercooler for a turbocharged SP 225 Ford Lehman engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Seeking a rebuilt starter for

"Seeking a rebuilt starter for my Grand Banks 32 (1977) 2714E model ford Lehman <font color=""000000""><font face=""times new roman,times,roman""></font></font>}"

I'am looking for the infor

I'am looking for the information about my Diesel Engine Ford 2722E.
the specs of the engine that written on the name plate :
Capacity : 90 HP
RPM : 2900 revs
Date/ser No.9357/10
Build No.422 212 233 010 10

The actual rpm : 1750 revs it is from the actual measuring. The engine still on the good gondition it's could analyize from the sound.

The quetion is why the different of revs so high (2900-1750 = 1150 revs).Is it the specs data on the name plate manipulated.
Please give me the information about that.

Eko Harihadi

"The above 2 questions - Eko,

"The above 2 questions - Eko, the SP90 typically has WOT under load 2500 to 2600 RPM. The WOT no load could probably reach 2900 RPM. If you can only get 1750 RPM, then you either have a fuel related problem, engine running problem, or the propeller is too big. Steve Werry, if you need a starter I have 2 used working spares for $75.00 each or a new replacement (off brand) is around $180.00. Mike at 1-800-392-5774"

I am looking for a replacement

I am looking for a replacement diaphram for my 2715 Ford Lehman 120 fuel lift pump. Anyone know where I can get one?

The rebuild kits used to be av

The rebuild kits used to be available but the price was higher than a new pump. New pumps are usually less than a hundred bucks. Mike

looking for heat exchanger for

looking for heat exchanger for 120 ford lehmans 1977 marine motor

"David, these exchangers are a

"David, these exchangers are available from several sources - approx. $375.00. Lead time is only 1 day before shipping to you. Part number 2C211."

"I am in the process of buying

"I am in the process of buying a Ford Lehman 2715E that has been sitting in a crate reportedly for six years. It looks to be in pretty good condition, and someone is checking out the filters, hoses, etc. But I'm trying find out more about it. I couldn't find a horsepower rating on it (120?), but it says the capacity is 6.22L; fuel system: AA; RPM: 1250-2500; Block A; Date/Serial #: E0362/2 (does this mean it was built in 1962? If so, it's kind of old, so are there any problems I should look for?). It says it was built in Linden, NJ and it comes with a Borg-Warner transmission. I noticed the oil pan is stamped with 2703E-6676-B (does this mean it came from another model?). I'm replacing an old V-8 Caterpillar that bit the dust in a 32-foot trawler. Any advice or information would sure be welcome."

"The 2715E is a 120 HP engine.

"The 2715E is a 120 HP engine. Capacity is 6.22L or 6220cc or 380 cu in. Max rpm is generally rated at 2500 RPM. My book says that Date is NA. So I don't think I'd assume the year is 1962. That same area is for the serial number also, so I'd think that was more likely.

Your oil pan number is its part number and it decodes as a flat type oil pan. (as opposed to a front well type)

The engines were used in many different applications from power generators, water pumps, tractors and trucks. They were ill suited for road use and had a short career in trucks. Other uses found them to be very reliable and reasonably economical. Many many trawler style boats have the lehman marinized engine in them with many trouble free hours of use. Mine have just over 5200 now and runs like the proverbial watch."

"Any thoughts as to 90 hp Lehm

"Any thoughts as to 90 hp Lehmans vs 120 vs 135? I believe the 90's are 4 cylinders. do they tend to run w/ more vibration than their 6 cyl cousins? With today's diesel fuel prices, I guess a 90 would run closer to optimal rpms with reasonable fuel use vs running a larger engine slower at less than optimal rpms to conserve fuel - am I on the right track? Application is twin engines in a 36 trawler, mid-eighties vintage."

Hi I have inherited a ford 272

Hi I have inherited a ford 2722E marine engine and trying to find out the bolt sizes used for the engine block the hold items such as the alternator etc any ideas ?
Thanks

Re: hi i have a 4cly ford lehman a

hi hello ,, i am rolly frm the Philippines ,, we are looking 703 f6015 aaa ford lehman marine engine,, is your engine in good condition,, rolly ,, or where we can buy ford lehman marine engine,, ok,, thnaks

Re: hi i have a 4cly ford lehman a

hi hello im rolly frm the Philippines ,, is your ford lehman marine engine 703 f6015 aaa in good conditio

Re: I have a 120 Lehman with appro

Ford used steel freeze plugs in early engines but changed to stainless. Cavitation from air bubbles and not changing your anti freeze is usually the cause.

Back