Logo

140hp Nissan Powerhead gasket set

tjcmoody

Having a real hard time finding a Powerhead gasket set for my 1998 Nissan 140 outboard. Some dealers are telling me it is back ordered and some are telling me it is no longer produced. Does anyone know where I could find a gasket set?

Some Japanese motors are not providing part for some reason.-----------On more than one occasion I have installed American made products and people have said ---" at least it is easy to get parts for domestic products "-------You may have to order individual part numbers to get the pieces you need.

Thanks for the tip! I have had some success but so far have only been able to get my hands on a head gasket. It just seems weird that they aren't available any more since the engines are still sold in Australia and other places from what I understand.

There will be many folks with expensive outboard motors that are in " like new " condition , only used on rare occasion and mostly stored for long periods of time.----------------Almost all manufacturers are now not supporting their motors that were built 15 / 20 years ago.-----------Many parts are listed as " no longer available "

You need 3C7871211M POWER HEAD GASKET SET $182.46. At the moment, the kit is not in stock at Tohatsu America. However... all of the bits in the kit are available individually, with the one notable exception of 3C7024183M GASKET, AIR SILENCER COVER $20.76, which is also OOS. Any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer (including me) can help you.

Thanks Paul! I would love to take you up on that offer. I have tried many times over the past few
months to order the parts only to be told weeks later that they were not available. Is there a number or website I can reach you at to arrange to order and pay for the parts? Even hearing that the parts are available is great news. Thanks for the help so far it's much appreciated.

That is good news, thanks Paul! Would I be able to order the parts through you? If so how can I get in touch with your business?

Back