Logo

275 sterndrive removal

double_g

Contributing Member
"ok guys,

just about ready

"ok guys,

just about ready to pull my 275 volvo penta leg off but can not get the two suspension dowls out. both seem to be frozen and will not come out or turn. these do have the locking screws and are removed. does anybody have ideas to remove these. i am thinking of heating them up with the torche and pound them out. i don't think these are threaded but not sure.

barry g."

"Get a punch and a hammer and

"Get a punch and a hammer and drive them <u>towards</u> the bellows (they are not threaded). If they are frozen, you may have to use some heat."

"El,

just wanted to let you

"El,

just wanted to let you know that i got them out with your help by pushing them through. had to use the torche but i didn't even damage them. thanks, found a bent conrod #3 cylinder. the little rubber flap on my 275 leg for the exhaust outlet came off a while back and the machine shop said they think it happend from water coming up the leg and going in the cylinder. can i change that rubber peice on the leg, or do i have to change the hole exhaust outlet?

thanks,

barry g."

"Barry, look in the Sierra cat

"Barry, look in the Sierra catalogue for part 18-2757, "exhaust bellows with flapper valve". That bellows is available at this site. Once you get one, just install it and you are done."

Back