Logo

Ford Lehman Series 590E Oil Seal

debbielobita

Hi. I have a 6 cylinder Ford Lehman in my old sailboat. I need to replace an old seal. My very old manual shows the diagram of the engine interior, and the oil seal with the part number 6362. Another page in the manual says:

Quantity
4D**|* 6D********** P & A Number*************** English Number***************** Description*****

********** 1*********************************************DKN-6362-B********************* Seal - Front Main Bearing Oil - Assy. 4/57S268838
*********************************************************************************************** Replaced by 510E-6362
***********1********** C2TZ-6700-A******************************************************Seal - Front Main Bearing Oil - Assy. S268839/Replaces
*********************************************************************************************** DKN-6362-B

I got a Oil Seal*from Napa, the seal is stamped 16811. Before I hire someone to take the engine apart and install this seal, can I please have some advice on whether or not this is the correct seal. My husband, who used to be the mechanic on board, has passed away and I am relying on other people to steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

Hi,i can't tell you for sure wether the napa seal is interchangeable. Try your local ford car parts and ask for c2tz-6700-a. You can get the 510e-6362 from american diesel corp. 804-435-3107 they are the same part but from different divisions of ford charlie w.

P.s.you have the lehman dagenham 330 cubic inch engine.you will also need the timing cover gasket ddn-6020 since the seal is installed from the back of the cover.charlie w.

Hi,i can't tell you for sure wether the napa seal is interchangeable. Try your local ford car parts and ask for c2tz-6700-a. You can get the 510e-6362 from american diesel corp. 804-435-3107 they are the same part but from different divisions of ford charlie w.

Thanks Charlie. I remember my husband using American Diesel for parts many years ago, but I had forgotten the name. It is now written on my parts manual.

Thanks again. I will need to have everything on hand when I get back to my boat and have someone doing the work for me. For sure, I will contact American Diesel and get the full story, as I don't think a Ford dealer partsman will know too much about marine engines. Have a good evening.

Back