Logo

help with carbs on 75hp johnson????

Jody Allison

i got a 75hp johnson stinger, model#J75TRLCSA. im looking at my carbs for part numbers and this number is on them #326954. ??? i cant seem to look it up, can anybody help? is this correct # or has previous owner swapped out carbs?:confused:

ive seen and looked at that kimcrwbr1, the carbs i have look just like those, i just cant get the numbers on top of each carb to pull up. are the numbers stamped in the top the carb numbers? or jet numbers or ???? im just puzzled

carbs are very clean, they have been taken apart 2 times and cleaned in the past 4 days and put back on. motor cranks right up,. idles up great, slow idles great , but will not take fuel after half throttle. ive checked plugs. plugs are new, just put in this morning. plugs are very wet with gas, likes its flooding and getting too much fuel.

i just put new head gasket on this morning, torqued it down, put everything back together. put new plugs in, cranked it on the ears,checking for leaks, then took it to local lake to test.

i havent adjusted any timing, ive just started with basics and worked my way up. im really learning everything i can about this motor. we race gokarts but they are 4cycle. 2cycle is a new thing for me. i will start again tomoorow and work on it. thanks my friend for the help:)

Most carburetor " problems " turn out to be something else.------------Check compression .----Check for spark that must jump a gap of 7/16" on all 3 cylinders.---------Check fuel pump diaphragm.-----------Check flywheel key.

Back