Logo

Loss of W.O.T. RPM..or, get up and go is gone...further advice needed.

HuntleyBlll

1995 Four Winns 115 Evinrude on a jet.

Has no power. Boat goes 5-10 mph max. Starts great. Idles great. These are the fixes I have tried...

After removing from the lake of really slow boating, I tried replacing spark plugs and hooked up the 6 gal. fresh gas tank from my outboard. FLushed lined to carb to make sure I had fresh gas. Started motor on trailer and it reved up real nice. Way faster RPMs then when I was in the water.

Took boat to lake...put in water..same problem. Tried priming bulb to force gas in...no difference. Tried manually working carb butterflies, little to no difference. Dissapointed I took the boat home.

Today, I tested spark, all good, tested compression...all good. Read in service manual as to how the throttle linkage should be set. Linkage is as it is supposed to be. Also read in service manual about "plugged or leaking pulse limiter. Followed instructions and removed hose and limiter and back washed with carb. cleaner. Motor fired right up and RPM's are back to normal. Oh, by the way...I only ran motor for a few seconds then shut it off.

So, if I take it back to the lake...I'm worried I will have the same issue. Is there something on the jet or something else that can be causing this? Plugged muffler perhaps??? Jet pump damaged perhaps???? Sea weed in the flux capacitor perhaps?????

Please shed some light my way.

Thank you

Thank you JamesT but as I stated in my original post, I replaced the spark plugs and tested the spark and it is just as you say it is supposed to be. The motor revs up fine on the trailer but NOT in the water.

Back