Logo

can anyone identify this motor?

lkstan

I recently purchase a used motor, supposedly a 50 hp, 1985.

Serial number on transom bracket is A101379, it is 4 cylinder, 102284 number on left side block above split line, indicated was made 10/22/1984.

searches by serial number results in not found.

searches by range shows 1984 75hp of range of 6586624 to B910xxx. would this include the A numbers

problem is that the plastic-nylon arm on the trigger mechanism is broke off and it has a hooked arm

all listed triggers for the 50 4cyl. show a straight arm, but the 1984 75hp show a hooked arm

apparently the difference in motors is mainly the carberation and probably spark advance.

so do I actuall have a 75 hp motor, or a 50 hp that former owner replace the trigger with the wrong part, or something else.

wrong part seniario may be the reason the arm broke. any help would be appreciated.

stan

I tried putting a 0 in front of SN, ie 0A101379, and that is apparently a vaild SN. still says the motor should have the straight arm trigger. which makes me thing the the trigger was replaced with the wrong one, ie the hooked arm one, probably was on hand at the repair place, and this is what caused it to break. going to call the mercury classic hotline Monday to check for certain. and then order it, about all I can do.

stan

Back