Logo

Seacock Hose to Water Pump

Alotis

Good day

I have a 1974 Chrysler 318 engine

I need to replace the hose that goes from the Seacock to the Water Pump.The seacock has a thumb screw. I believe that it is a Greco ??

The Boat is in the water and I am very concerned about this process.It is very old seacock and I know that the thumb screw has to be turn out in order to move the lever.

As soon as I start to turn the thumb Screw the seacock starts to leak and when I tighten the thumb screw it stops leaking. (How far does the screw need to be turned in order to move the lever)

Is this normal

Thankyou

The set screw just needs to be loose. It doesnt have to come out a significant amount.

Make sure your bilge pump works just in case you take on some water.

-JJ

Thanks for your replies.

I am trying to prepare myself for what could possibility go wrong. I have two beigle pumps

The fact that there is a small leakage when turning the thumb screw tells me that there is a problem with the Seacock. I have not remove the Hose to the water pump.

I feel like the captain of the Titanic. I am going to get back on the Internet and learn all that I can.

Thanks

Alotis here

I went to Groco's website and found the old seacock that I have.

It tells me that while the thumbscrew is loose the seapage of a small amount water is normal.

Everything worked out ok. The Seacock behaved as it should have

I will certainly add Seacock maintence to my prelaunch list next Spring.

Thankyou for your replies

Back