Logo

Pitot tube attachment part.

Dougalsdad

This is a really difficult one to describe but I'll give it my best shot.

The pitot tube for my speedometer is not connected to anything, it's dangling loose behind the drive (Alpha 1 Gen 2). I can see where it is supposed to attach to, a small nylon bayonet fitting behind the leg (the part screws vertically into the leg, but the tube is too short. The end of the tube is square cut and clean so I don't think it's been damaged or torn off. I presume that there was a piece of 1/4 inch tubing with a nylon fitting on the end that connected to the bit that screws into the housing with the other end connecting to the dangling bit of tube.

I've enquired by e-mail with my spares supplier and he is not sure the part number or even description, can anyone help? I need the bayonet fitting and tube part numbers. It's going to be ridiculously expensive but I want to use the standard pitot fitting and not something to be screwed to the transom or to carry on using my GPS.

I hope that makes sense.

This is the part that screws into the rear of the drive if that helps.

.Pitot 002.jpg

I think that's it, it looks like the missing part, thank you.

The drive is a 1992 model
Outdrive number OD687904
Transom number OD631967

Many thanks.

I think that's it, it looks like the missing part, thank you.

The drive is a 1992 model
Outdrive number OD687904
Transom number OD631967

Many thanks.
Yes, that is the correct part number using your serial numbers.

815956A 1 COUPLING ASSEMBLY, Speedometer

Can someone help me with a similar issue? I’m new and apologize for the stupid question but recently broke the speedometer tube off my lower unit. I am having issues figuring out how to remove the old and what part and what I need to replace it with. I will attempt to add pics it is a 1996 Mercruiser. Thanks for any help.
54b8d6af-89fc-4862-a77b-0cef21de128f

Back