Logo

TAMD 41A's Velvet Drive connected to V drives... LH & RH props

bobt

Contributing Member
This cajan is back with another problem, turns out I have counter rotating props on my boat and understand, running one in reverse constantly so that both push fwd is not the answer. I'm told I have to pull the clutch and reverse the pump... it shouldn't be done at the controls. Anyone has run into this problem before and knows where to find out how to do this?

Thanks again,
BobT

Hey Yall,

Just for the record, it can't be done. The Velvet Drive can be connected to either a R/H ot L/H drive engine by just turning the pump 180 degrees, but I can't reverse the out put or run it in reverse to go forward. Different number of clutch plates in Fwd and Aft drives, o'course that means I need to change out the prop so both will push Fwd. Going to take some rum...lots of rum to get overboard in Bayou Terrebonne during this time of year. Am not hauling this 60 foot money pit out just to change out a prop, but I don't even know what prop I'll need... yet. Damn I hate boats, got nearly a 100K and 8 years of work in this one and haven't used it yet.
I should have bought a sea-plane.

BobT

Back