Logo

suzuki df40 power trim problem

ked30

I have a 2006 df40 suzuki that the ptt will go down but not up. The relay under the computer board will click but nothing happens. I have tried the engine switch and the switch on the shifter and they do the same thing. The wire diagram shows one relay but the parts list shows two relays. If there are two where is the second relay located? If only one relay is it pretty certain the relay is bad?

There is a trim up limiter located on the steering tube in front of the unit. Turn adjuster down to increase. Simple design with switch. If causing issues, replace or remove switch or short blue wires to each other. Thanks Martin

I also am having trouble with my 2000 DF40's PTT. Only mine will go up but not down. I have heard of this Limiter switch before. You say it is on the front of the steering tube in front of the unit. I have looked all over this thing and cannot find anything that look like a switch. Could you be a little more specific? Do I have to remove a side cover? Can you find it better with the motor up or down? Help!!!

Back