Logo

Oil pressure senders and oil pressure switches

duckhunter185

Contributing Member
I bought a boat with a bare 4.3 lx out of a truck and im trying to get everything back together. Im stumped on the oil pressure switches and oil pressure senders. I Have a single post oil pressure switch with a compression fitting that had a plastic "vacuum line" hooked up to it that runs to the guage. I know that you need a switch to run to the fuel pump for a safety shutoff. Can i replace the single post switch with a 2 post and run it to the fuel pump and forget about the sender(s) since the guage is ran by the vacuum line? If not what do i need to get and where do they go!?!? Thanks

newwire3.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a boat with a bare 4.3 lx out of a truck and im trying to get everything back together. Im stumped on the oil pressure switches and oil pressure senders. I Have a single post oil pressure switch with a compression fitting that had a plastic "vacuum line" hooked up to it that runs to the guage. I know that you need a switch to run to the fuel pump for a safety shutoff. Can i replace the single post switch with a 2 post and run it to the fuel pump and forget about the sender(s) since the guage is ran by the vacuum line? If not what do i need to get and where do they go!?!? Thanks

View attachment 4941

Ayuh,.... Sure,... The single post switch was for an alarm...

The mechanical gauge is probably better than an electric anyways...

Back