Logo

'02 225 shift cable

You have to remove the shifter and a small cover on the engine to get access to the ends of the cables and pull them out. The hardest part sometime is getting the old ones out and pulling the new ones in.

Replace both cables, since you are going through the trouble and it is only a little more time. Use the best cable that your cable can afford. Use teleflex TFX cables or Gendinning Pro-X Cables (that Honda has recently switched to). The cable length is usually printed near one end of the cable...sometimes in the form of a part number. You measure them from tip to tip.

Depending on the degree of difficulty in getting them out, it should take you about 1 to 2 hours.

Attach the cables first to the shifter, then to the engine.

Mike

I second the idea of high quality cables. I used cheap ones the first time, and they didn't last long and bound up all the time. Just replaced those with some high-quality cables and it feels like I have electronic controls. Does take about 1-2 hours and changing them both at the same time is the way to go. I have an '02 to as well. Have you had any Mid-Shaft or corrosion issues?
Good Luck

Back