Logo

gamefisher 15. lacks power

fuzzyface

have a 94 gamefisher 15. 225.581496 starts and runs on first pull. runs smooth but will not rev. Seems to use too much fuel. had a tach on it only got 3800 rpm. dont think its over proped. could my carb be dirty? any help would be appriciated. thanks

You should start by testing the compression. PSI should be within 10% of each other in both cylinders.

Then; test spark. Should jump at least 1/4" gap.....7/16" if you have electronic ignition. Don't just look at the spark plug gap; use a spark tester. They cost about $7.00 at auto-parts stores.

Could the carb be dirty? It sure could! Clean the main jet and the needle and seat areas at a minimum...and check float level.

I like those motors. That model is way better than most of Sear's offerings over the years.

You should start by testing the compression. PSI should be within 10% of each other in both cylinders.

Then; test spark. Should jump at least 1/4" gap.....7/16" if you have electronic ignition. Don't just look at the spark plug gap; use a spark tester. They cost about $7.00 at auto-parts stores.

Could the carb be dirty? It sure could! Clean the main jet and the needle and seat areas at a minimum...and check float level.

I like those motors. That model is way better than most of Sear's offerings over the years.

compression is good. cleaned carb. it was already clean. have to get a spark tester. heard th ignition modules go bad on these. know i have spark. maybe not strong enough. motor runs so smooth jus no rpm. thanks for your reply

Have you checked to see that the carb butterfly is completely horizontal when you advance the throttle to WOT?

Also...check the mag plate and it's it's linkage to be sure that it's advancing all the way....

Have you checked to see that the carb butterfly is completely horizontal when you advance the throttle to WOT?

Also...check the mag plate and it's it's linkage to be sure that it's advancing all the way....

all seems to be working properly. heard lots about bad coils on these motors. not sure how to test them. thanks

Back