Logo

Honda 2HP 4 stroke running problem

jimwaring

"I bought a BF2 Honda which ha

"I bought a BF2 Honda which had apparently been stored for quite a while, the fuel tank was empty. We had trouble starting it so used some easy start which helped it run for a few seconds, the engine will now start first time (without easy start) but only runs for a few seconds, it will not start immediately after, but if left for a couple of minutes it will do the same again. Thanks"

"The fuel jets and such are ve

"The fuel jets and such are very small.With todays fuel that seems to go stale/ bad in short order it may have plugged things up. Those motors may have a carburetor drain, and you need to check fuel flow from tank (disconnect hose ? ) and check the jets in the carburetor."

"I've had a similar proble

"I've had a similar problem. Idles great, runs good at medium, but when I give it full throttle it died. I cleaned it, put new gaskets, still the same. It ran better but still would cut out at full throttle. I thought I had cleaned all holes where gas went through and then I found 2 extra on the left side of the choke I had missed and found a little wasp cocoon in the top hole. After using a thin piece of wire to get it out and then carb spray I cleaned it out now it runs perfect. I nev er thought about bugs going thru the air cleaner, but that was my problem. maybe this could help."

Back