Logo

1994 225 Evinrude - No spark at one cylinder. Coil, ignition wire & spark plug are good

bay

1994 225 Evinrude Ocean Pro Missing badly - I did the Ohm test on each coil they all tested good. Not satisfied with that, I started the engine and pulled the corresponding ignition wire off each spark plug one at a time. All are getting good spark except cylinder No.2 (top port side). Then I switched the coil with another cylinder it works fine in other location, plenty of spark, but cylinder No.2 is still not getting any spark.
I also made the following observations which might or mightnot be related:
1. The tack is registering RPM's.
2. When cold starting the engine does something like a hick-up and stops cranking. It does this a number of times before it actualy starts.
3. While running now with a miss it does something like acough about every 5 seconds.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Thismight help someone out there, fixed the spark issue. First I switched the PowerPack from the good engine. Still had no spark at the same cylinder. After a fewdays of frustration I cleaned the ground on the coil, and that fixed it. Itseems that the ground was good enough for the ohm test but not the highvoltage. Does that mean you can't depend on the ohm test alone. And, I learnedthe same lesson again, check the simple stuff first.

Back