Logo

have a very low hrs.,one owner 69 55 rude mice ate wiring under hood need motor wiring schematic.

outboard boy

I have a very nice 55 hp. evinrude 1969,bought new by my neighbor,always stored in heat controlled garage,he took it out,changed lower unit gear case grease, put the muffs on turned on the water hit the key and..........done smoke filled the yard, mice ate motor harness, i ran over with my extinguisher, popped the hood burned mice and wires.Now the motor and boat is mine i brought it home, separated the wires and it spun over nicely with the key, no spark,what got hurt, amplifier, any test for it, Secondly is this a points and condenser motor,
are all or any parts still available.Any help would be very greatly appreciated.Thank-you.

Its all good, i posted in the wrong place and your tired.If you do happen to think of somewhere i can put my eyes on a schematic for it i would be forever in your debt.Actually any info. would be great, and the motor has been used and maintained,if it was not in use it still went to the shop.I caught a bunch of monster strippers in this boat two years ago and the motor like always ran as new.My next door guy as he calls himself is now 91,and done with boating,

Last edited:
Back