Logo

Nissan NS90A exhaust valve problem?

BradsNissan

My engine wouldn't turn over and I suspected liquid lock. So I removed all 3 spark plugs and it then turned over freely, so I cranked it for a couple minutes to blow out fuel out of holes. But when I put plugs back in, it won't crank again. It will only turn over with all 3 plugs out, and it will turn over slowly if I remove 2 of the 3 plugs. Any ideas of the problem?

My engine wouldn't turn over and I suspected liquid lock. So I removed all 3 spark plugs and it then turned over freely, so I cranked it for a couple minutes to blow out fuel out of holes. But when I put plugs back in, it won't crank again. It will only turn over with all 3 plugs out, and it will turn over slowly if I remove 2 of the 3 plugs. Any ideas of the problem?
Camshaft isn't opening exhaust valves. Is the camshaft driven by belt, chain, or by gear? Thanks for any help!

Camshaft isn't opening exhaust valves. Is the camshaft driven by belt, chain, or by gear? Thanks for any help!
Ok. I now know that there are no exhaust valves. There appears to be a voltage problem to the starter. I can turn the flywheel be hand, and I have 12 volts at the motor. Is my next step to check voltage at the starter?

2-strokes don't have overhead valves (as the 4-strokes do). If you can turn the flywheel manually, but the starter struggles, check the 12v system, using the Factory service manual as a giude. Clean and tighten all wiring connections. The (nominal) 12v battery should be delivering over 13v to the starter.

Back