Logo

Prop spinning in neutral and water not circulating.

NissanNS90A

I changed the impeller on the NS90A and now no water is circulating and coming out the top and the prop is spinning pretty fast in neutral. The idea dont fix something if it isnt broke is something I probably should have followed. What would cause the water to not circulate and is easy to adjust the cable so that it does not catch in neutral?

I think the water pipe that connects to the water pump wasn't connected and that would explain no water getting to the engine. Any suggestions on the prop spinning during neutral?

Verify that the water pipe is inserted into the grommet at the top of the wp housing. All ob motors have all gears turning all the time (when running), and then the clutch dog selects which (or no) gear is engaged to the prop shaft... so sometimes, even in N, the prop will turn in the air, because of the viscousness of the lu lube.

If you disengage the shift cable clevis at the motor, manually confirm that the motor is in N, and the RC box is also in N, the clevis should slip on. If not, you can unlock the stop nut at the clevis, and adjust it in or out as needed. They don't usually get out of adjustment, btw.

Back