Logo

bleeding alpha trim system??

glenn_1

Hi guys, I am looking for some advice. I had to change the hydraulic connector( manifold) on the bottom of my transom assembly . The block that the 4 hoses go into, ( 2 on each side) from the rams. both hydraulic trim/tilt hoses are connected to the forward part of the ram, which i have learned , is the older type. I have read about bleeding the system but my question is do I have to let the fitting go at the ram or can I let them go to bleed them at the connector block? or does it matter? I already had the hoses disconnected at the connector block but I don't want to disturb the fittings at the ram. Is it possible to bleed the system at this point? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

there basically self bleeding,
remove the aft pin and let them hang downward ,cycle the rams in and out a few times , check oil level,and your done.

oh , ok, my understanding is that i had to remove each line to bleed them, but if they are self bleeding, that is great. my drive is an "MR" upper with an "alpha" lower. does that matter? are they still self bleeding?

The pump resevoir oil level is checked with the rams completely compressed (outdrive trimmed all the way down)

If you check the level with the rams fully extended it will be low due to the fluid in use.

Back