Logo

Trailer Light Adapter Trouble

Cadmium

Hello Friends,

My truck has a Ford F2UB14A624G 7 prong electrical output. Is there an adapter from this to the standard, 4-wire, 5-pin trailer light wiring cable harness? In the meantime, can someone tell me how to manually connect the 4 trailer wires to some of the 7 on the outlet to get the trailer lights to work? Currently I can get both trailer lights to come on, and the right turn signal works, but this happens only when the truck lights are on.

Out of the Ford connecter are (1) +, (2) -, (3) Running Lamps, (4) Electric Brakes, (5) Backup Lamps, (6) RH Stop-Turn, (7) LH Stop-Turn.

To these I have tried to match trailer wires (a) yellow L turn, (b) green R turn, (c) brown tail, (d) white ground

This is the last thing that's keeping me out of the water this season, and does the season ever pass by quickly!

Thank-you.

Terry

As Bill said, get the adaptor. They are univerally available - auto part store, Wal-Mart, fish & tackle stores, etc. Make sure that the white wire from the trailer harness plug is well grounded on the frame - no corrosion. Don't try to do a direct connect because it's easy to screw up the electrical on your Ford and blow fuses. BTW - the brake light signal comes down through your turn signal circuits.

Back