Logo

Mercruiser 898 starter

birdy916

Hi guys. I need to replace the solenoid on my starter but not sure of what the part number is or which one to get. The only numbers I see on my starter is "1107317 5 P.9" Delco Remy USA. Is this even the correct starter? Can you guys help me pin point to the correct solenoid if not the correct starter so I can get a rebuilt one. thanks!

I already looked at all the reference but still not sure which one I have. I have taken mine off already. I would rebuild it but I have a date set to go to the lake and I need to get it up and running asap.

Most rebuild shops are 1-2 day service or immediate exchange. Do you have a year and boat serial number? Match it to the list. There are only two GM engines designated 898 and they are the same...just different mfg. years.

I dont know of any rebuild shops around the area either. But my year is 1979 and I dont know the serial number cause the serial number on the label has been scratched off.

But I want to replace solenoid if I could. Do you know which one I should get? If not, which starter should i get? Either of them ones in the links above should work correct?

Back