Logo

MIE 5.7 Liter Chev in 1988 Malibu Skier

Floyd

Can anyone tell me how to find the correct replacement part as it pertains to the transmission cooler (Borg Warner Velvet Drive Model # 10-17-004) for the above mentioned boat?

Welcome Aboard Floyd!

First off, for the MIEs you'll need the serial number. From there, you can go to any dealer. If you are a DIY-er, you can use the parts lookup tab at the top of the page. click the Boat Engine Parts link at the top of the page, find your engine description and then make sure the serial number range shown matches what you have and then dive in. The guys here will take care of you.

Welcome Aboard Floyd!

First off, for the MIEs you'll need the serial number. From there, you can go to any dealer. If you are a DIY-er, you can use the parts lookup tab at the top of the page. click the Boat Engine Parts link at the top of the page, find your engine description and then make sure the serial number range shown matches what you have and then dive in. The guys here will take care of you.

First I would like to thank you for responding. I have been trying to get some specific information for quite a while now with no luck. I believe that I located the serial number on a tag that is mounted on a device, that on most internal combustion machines that I have seen, is a carburetor. The number is MIE 260 1347-9415. I have not seen any corresponding serial numbers when I attempt to look it up and I would like to know if this in fact the serial number or if I need to take a nap and try again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

that's the part number tag for the carb.
Your Serial number is probably in the range from OB522506 thru OF024999. Should be a decal with the model and serial numbers on it...though they were on the flame arrester cover. Your boat's registration paper may have the engine S/N, too.

The oil cooler should be a 63832A 1. type in in to the part number search box at the top of the page and see if it is what you have. (the gear related parts don't change much over the years so are pretty interchangeable.)

Back