Logo

2002 Yamaha F8 running problem at low RPMbs

jfdca

"My 8 hp motor is a trolling m

"My 8 hp motor is a trolling motor and will start and run above trolling speed but not at 1.5 to 2.5 mph. While idling, if you accelerate very slowly, it will die just above an idle. But if you play with the throttle and get it above the fast idle point, it runs fine. I've taken the carb apart and cleaned out with no results. Any suggestions? Thank you!!"

"The spark plug and fuel filte

"The spark plug and fuel filter is new. There is no air cleaner element. It doesn't miss just at just above idle, acts like it is starving for fuel, which is why I took the carb apart. If you accelerate it quick and get it revved up a little, it will run fine at 10 mph, just not at 1.5 to 2.5 mph which is what I troll at."

"By not being an outboard moto

"By not being an outboard motor mechanic, I do not know what "sync and link" is. I don't recall reading that in the owners manual."

"When I had the carb off, I lo

"When I had the carb off, I looked for the air mixture adjuster and it has no adjustments on it at all, unless they are sealed or capped."

"before asking questions alway

"before asking questions always look on-line
everybody does get lazy but u can clearly see it on here, it is under a plug
biggrin.gif

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/parts/home.aspx"

"I want to thank you for steer

"I want to thank you for steering me in the right direction. Also, sorry I irritated you on my question. Not everyone on this site is an Einstein (including me) and sometimes need help. If everyone was knowledgeable as you seemed to be, they wouldn't be on this site."

if u get on-line do some resea

if u get on-line do some research
it just makes us give u a quicker response
sounds like u know about cars though

"Yes, I'm a retired truck

"Yes, I'm a retired truck mechanic but have never ventured into outboard motors. Usually, if I have the proper literature, I get the job done. That schematic on the carb sure helped. I know where to look on vehicles and how to uncap the adjusters and thought it was odd not to see any adjustment at all on that little carb, but now I know, thanks to you."

"good deal
u can find everyth

"good deal
u can find everything on the web now
there is even i guy u can call and u charges u over the phone to diagnosis

go with Sim he is cheaper
the EBAY ones suck, they are photo copied and put on CD so watch out

sorry if i seemed rude, had a tough day"

"Well, I popped the plug and a

"Well, I popped the plug and adjusted the carb and it runs like a kitten. Thanks a lot."

Back