Logo

Bulb soft after idling

bassbum

I have a 2005 90 2 stroke with oil injection....runs great but idling into the dock the bulb goes soft and needs repriming...Any thoughts. I have checked for air leaks and replaced the bulb.Thanks

The fact is that the primer bulb only goes hard when pumping fuel into the carburetors !----When motor is running it does not stay hard after one squeeze or so it will be hard.----------------If motor stalls due to a lack of fuel then look into installing a fuel pump repair kit.

does the bulb collapse? that would be a venting issue. Otherwise the internal valve in the bulb may be going bad.

The fact is that the primer bulb only goes hard when pumping fuel into the carburetors !----When motor is running it does not stay hard after one squeeze or so it will be hard.----------------If motor stalls due to a lack of fuel then look into installing a fuel pump repair kit.
Should t I have problems even at high rpm if fuel pump was weak? Motor runs like a scalded dog when asked..no problems

You are right. There is a problem....fuel system somewhere. Just don't understand why at full rpm runs great but idle loses pressure. Could it be air getting into the system?

Last edited:
Pulse pump (fuel pump)going out works of crank case pulse high rpm more pulses low rpm less pulses works fine high rpm does not work at low rpm rebuild pump as racer one mentioned

Back