Logo

blocking boat

rstinson

I need to work on trailer with the boat off. I think I can pull trailer out from under the boat blocking as i go. 19 ft bayliner. I read where one guy just put down tires on the yard and drove out! My question is how many support places does it really need? I plan on building a good support system with 2X4 and plywood for the transom but I don't know how many more places it needs support?
Thanks, Rob

If it isn't gonna be off for a long time, the tires in the yard approach is the easiest.

Building a cradle is a good thought but - before you spend the money and the time ponder this - how do you plan to get the boat from the trailer to the cradle??

As far as support - you can mimic what the trailer does and you'll be just fine

I need to work on trailer with the boat off. I think I can pull trailer out from under the boat blocking as i go. 19 ft bayliner. I read where one guy just put down tires on the yard and drove out! My question is how many support places does it really need? I plan on building a good support system with 2X4 and plywood for the transom but I don't know how many more places it needs support?
Thanks, Rob

Ayuh,... At a Minimum, ya need to support the 2 outside corners of the transom, 'n another block, under the keel....

Back