Logo

3.0 Gamefisher Lower Unit Oil Change?

Darell Murray

Thanks for the Site:) I see one Screw in lower unit, looks to be for oil change, dont see another screw to vent....how do I change this oil out?

Also understand this motor has Dual Stage Clutch, so when running real slow I hear what sounds like a cable sounds, figure it is working correctly but should I be concerned?

Oil Mixture is 50:1, have used 32:1 which is more oil in gas, figure this is ok?

Thanks again for the Help:)

Thanks for the Site:) I see one Screw in lower unit, looks to be for oil change, dont see another screw to vent....how do I change this oil out?

Also understand this motor has Dual Stage Clutch, so when running real slow I hear what sounds like a cable sounds, figure it is working correctly but should I be concerned?

Oil Mixture is 50:1, have used 32:1 which is more oil in gas, figure this is ok?

Thanks again for the Help:)

OK I got Exhaust Gasket made and put on, unscrewed the Bolt on Lower Unit to see if oil would drain out, barely Nothing, hope this is not bad, looked for a bolt for Venting air but nothing, tried forcing oil into that Tiny hole inside the bolt I took out but No way!

I did unscrew the other 2 bolts that release the prop shaft and bearing but did not want to break the gasket, is this the way to release the oil and change? Sure hope somebody replies:)

Back