Logo

Carb problem?

auchandler1

Contributing Member
Ok guys new problem with my force 125. I went out this morning and at first took a bit to start her up but then got her going. After a while we stopped to fish and tried to crank but wouldn't turn over. Spins freely and all but when I took the cover out my friend look at it while I tried cranking it again and he saw gas shooting out of the carbs? Now if I am correct I am guessing a small object may of gotten in the carbs and clogged it up. I was thinking maybe decarbing it or getting a new carb kit and replacing the hoses as well?

What's your thought?

If gas is " shooting " out of carburetors then there is a problem with float valves.-It may be dirt or float setting.-------------You say " wouldn't turn over " yet gas was shooting out of carburetors.---Best is to explain that, you need to be very clear in how you describe things.-----------------For some folks " wouldn't turn over " means it won't crank with the battery and for some it means it would not start.

Ok well let me just say that I was trying to start the engine and saw gas pouring out of the carbs so I left it alone and got towed back in. When I was cranking it it seemed like fuel was not delivering where it would ignite. If batteries were dead than it would make a clicking noise and flywheel would not spin but that isn't my problem.

Try cleaning the carbs.
The gas out the side is a stuck needle or a float out of adjustment.
Install a filter between the carb and the pump.
Wally world,G-2 or G-12 auto section.

JerryJerry when you say pump are you referring to the primer bulb?

Also is there a website or anything that can walk me through the process or fixing the carb?

No between the fuel pump and carb.
You could put it anywhere in the system but I like it there as it's under the hood and out of site.
Very easy to work on the carbs.
Just make sure the bowl gaskets don't dry out.
I spray with WD or silicone and try not to remove them.
Remove them and usually they fall apart.
The iboats has a thread at the top of the Force forum.
Called a linc and sinc.Do this after cleaning.

Update on the problem. Bowls were clean as a whistle and I did see one gasket or o-ring that should of been where the bolt was taking of the bowl. Not sure if that was the problem but saw a little black stuff on the thin part where it opens up and closes when choking. I used some carb cleaner on that and inside the intake and took the needles out and sparyed in there. Oh yea the one bowl was filled with gas and the other not so much. After getting everything back on she started right up and didn't see gas pouring out.

One more thing is the lower unit. When running and having the hose on it. Water spits out (somewhat) but there are six holes on the bottom of the lower unit where water shoots down. Three are flowing 2 on one side and one on the other but the rest seems to be clogged. Try using a clothes hanger in them but one got free in the rest are still the same. Any ideas? Thinking I just need to remove the lower unit and see..

Yea and while you have it off change the impeller.
Most water should exit from the snout.
If water comes from the holes in the back.
That means the pressure relief is probably stuck open.Not a bad thing.
Water comming from anyplace else?
Could be the water tube is loose at the block/plate.
Or the exhaust seal is loose.

images.jpg

This isn't my motor. I just used it as an example. What I am describing in the picture is the only place where I know that water is coming out.

No.excess water get's out where ever it can.
They put drain holes all over.
If they didn't during the freeze it would damage the lower.
You might want to take it apart and look.
Then you can grease the shafts and inspect the shift shaft seal, make sure the dirt and sand is gone.

Last edited:
Back