Logo

crank shaft movement on a 3126

farasan

Need help am rebuilding a 3126 marine uunit. I need to know the permisable fore and aft movement on the crank shaft so far im good but the movement seams just to much im in the boondocks in saudi and any help would be appreciated

Crankshaft end play 3114 Engine ... 0.07 to 0.29 mm (0.0028 to 0.0114 inch) 3116 and 3126 Engines ... 0.07 to 0.32 mm (0.0028 to 0.0126 inch)

Crankshaft end play 3114 Engine ... 0.07 to 0.29 mm (0.0028 to 0.0114 inch) 3116 and 3126 Engines ... 0.07 to 0.32 mm (0.0028 to 0.0126 inch)

I thank you so much for that, yes sure the factory manual is the best i did manage to purchase a PDF OF THE MANUAL FROM THE STATES BUT ONFORTUNATLEY THE SITE WAS BLOCKED FROM THE SAUDI GOV, AND JUST YESTERDAY WE MANAGED TO RE-ROUT THE DOCUMENT THRU ANOTHER SITE I NOW HAVE IT, I would beg your assistance one more time sir i have a reading for the final cylinder head tourque settings for the large bolts 130_+ 15N.m then add 90 deg is that correct, this is the 3126 2000 model marine application.
thanks for your help it is more than appreciated.

regards
Eric

I picked one of several 3126 marine serial number prefixes at random - might be different specs for each
Use the following procedure to install bolts (1) and (2) :

1. Apply engine oil to the threads of the bolts.

1. Tighten large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 300 ± 15 N·m (221 ± 11 lb ft)

1. Loosen large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence.

1. Tighten large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 130 ± 15 N·m (96 ± 11 lb ft)

1. Tighten the large bolts (1) again in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 130 ± 15 N·m (96 ± 11 lb ft)

1. Turn large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence an additional 90 degrees (1/4 of a turn).

1. Tighten the small bolts (2) in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 55 ± 7 N·m (41 ± 5 lb ft)

I'm not sure how you are planning to set up the injector synchronization and fuel setting. There's a lot of specialized tooling required- and hands on training imo. Maybe there's a dealer in that region that works on 3116 mui Cats in trucks - they will have the tooling.

aaaaa
I picked one of several 3126 marine serial number prefixes at random - might be different specs for each
Use the following procedure to install bolts (1) and (2) :

1. Apply engine oil to the threads of the bolts.

1. Tighten large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 300 ± 15 N·m (221 ± 11 lb ft)

1. Loosen large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence.

1. Tighten large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 130 ± 15 N·m (96 ± 11 lb ft)

1. Tighten the large bolts (1) again in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 130 ± 15 N·m (96 ± 11 lb ft)

1. Turn large bolts (1) in a numerical sequence an additional 90 degrees (1/4 of a turn).

1. Tighten the small bolts (2) in a numerical sequence.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 55 ± 7 N·m (41 ± 5 lb ft)

Dear sir
it is much appreciated we are 5 Filipino and one Brit we have a Isusu Mechanic with a instrument to check angle , i have a DTI TO CHECK THE CRANKSHAFT MOVEMENT AND I AM MOST HAPPY TO SAY WE HAVE YOU ON THIS FORUM WE SHALL KEEP YOU INFORMED, WE HAVE DONE THE CYLINDER HEAD VALVES SPRINGS ETC, CRANKSHAFT ORIGINAL, CONNECTING RODS ORIGINAL CROWN AND SKIRT NEW LINERS FITTED AND HONED ALL BEARINGS AND SEALS NEW , TO GET THOSE PARTS TOOK 28 DAYS, WE ARE 90% COMPLETE WE SHALL PUT IT BACK IN THE BOAT TODAY AND CRANK IT, WE SHALL SURELY LET YOU KNOW, THE LAST ONE RE-BUILT BY A eGYPTIAN mASTER mECHANIC RAN FOR 4 HOURS UNDER LOAD THEN WE NOTICED IT STOPPED AND THERE WAS A LARGE HOLE IN THE ENGINNE BLOCK.

BEST REGARDS sIR
eRIC

Back