Logo

First time poster, 1989 FORMULA 26PC W/ MERC 7.4, BRAVO 2, NEED MALE ELECT HARNESS PLUG

CAPT DAVE

Capt Dave
Looking for a Male plug*which plugs into the 1989 Mercruiser engine harness(female*socket) which is attached to*a bracket mounted to the starboard side exhaust riser.* The actual harness socket has 9*pin holes and is made by "medallion" w/ a Mercruiser part:** *# 84-96020-A 4'*(4', but have seen some showing 6').
The problem is that the two plugs don't fit together well & appear to have heated up over the years and the male plug is slightly distorted.* Have put together and clamped w/hose clamp which works well for awhile and then stops ALL POWER FROM GETTING TO THE BOATS DASH BOARD:**I HAVE* NO POWER FOR THE ELECTRIC ENGINE HATCH AND THE ENGINE START KEY IS DEAD AS WELL AS ALL GAUGES, TRIM TABS ETC.........IF THIS WOULD OCCUR WHILE RUNNING LAKE MICHIGAN OR THE MISSISSIPPI IT COULD GET REAL UGLY.
ANY IDEAS?
THANKS* CAPT DAVE

Thank's Chris
I've felt that it is funny that the female socket attached to the bracket and attached to the exhaust manifold is in pretty good shape for the age of it but the male, that I need, has a thin waterproof sleeve that covers the shaft of the female socket and it has taken the biggest hit, which is causing the major problem, not making a secure connection between the male & female plug/socket. I appreciate your repy and your probably correct as the hatch does use alot of juice as does the engine start (shorter duration) and the tabs etc...
Still not sure of the best solution.
Thanks
Capt Dave

Last edited:
Back