Logo

Mercury Blueband 50hp - Various questions from newbie!

ChrisBoom

Hi there,

I bought myself a 14ft Fletcher last year, which came fitted with a 14hp Volvo Penta - It works well, but is simply too slow!

After waiting patiently for a bigger outboard to come up for sale, a 50hp Mercury appeared last weekend, with remotes, although minus a propeller. Got it for a VERY good price.

It does run - and impeller etc is working fine, just need a propeller for it. Although it looks like something else may be missing? I have attached several photos of the engine;

Anything apart from prop missing?

fae4f4af.jpg

18566a37.jpg

Also trying to figure out what this cable is for, managed to work out throttle, gearchange etc, but unsure on this one:

cde99225.jpg

309ee550.jpg

f7d3e53e.jpg

Shot of the carbs:

181d7fc5.jpg

Im a total novice when it comes to outboards really, so any advice on it would be great.

Serial number is 9341198 - Can anyone tell me the year?

Thanks

Cable appears to be an improvised choke cable.--------Not sure from the pictures.-----------What happens when you operate the cable ?---------------Motor is 81 / 82 or 83 model.

I have a refurbished aluminum prop, no dings or scratches, near perfect condition. Numbers stamped on it are 13-3/4" 15P and B76121. It has 13 splines. You can have it for $35 plus shipping if it will fit. PM me if interested and I can send you a picture.

OK maybe someone rigged it up to do the shifting ?------------I still can not tell from the picture.----Who knows what they do to motors where you are ( UK ) perhaps.

Ill figure it out once I get it in the water :)

Most importantly for now, is there anything else missing asside from the propeller from the gearcase?

Thanks

Back