Logo

Force 70hp remote control guidance.

perfectgent

Extremely new to both this forum and Force engines (and boats/engines altogether if I'm 100% honest).

I've just bought a Wilson Flyer with a 70hp Force on the back. I believe they were only made around the early 90s so I can understand why I'm having such trouble getting hold of any info or parts that I need.

My engine is just about to start running (hopefully) as soon as my very kind father gets that starter motor cleaned up a bit (brushes and a few other bits need a clean). I wanted to get a new remote control for it if possible and can see from the engine itself that Mariner played a large part in putting it together. Does this mean that I should be able to use Mariner parts for it throughout or do I need to marry things up exactly? Basically, when searching online, if there was a remote control for a similar size Mariner (or maybe other) outboard could I use this one? Are there any particular parts of the wiring/links that would stop it from being compatible?

As you can probably tell from my post the reference to my engine knowledge is 100% accurate, so if there's any chance you lovely chaps/chapesses could make the responses fairly simple, the minute mechanically-minded part of my brain would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in anticipation - Perfectgent.

Force motors were not affiliated with Mariner at all.--------------They originally were Chrysler , then US Marine, then taken over by MERCURY MARINE ----------Many Mercury dealers will help you with parts.-----------Find more info on -------------mercruiserparts.com-----------Good luck with it.

WE also need the serial#s and the model#s.
Pictures will always help identify.
From the accent(chaps/chapesses)I guess either GB or Au.
Profile?? Location.
We have a lot of guys in Au. and a few in G.B.who can answer your questions and maybe your close to one.
The parts are readily available all over the world.Just gotta look.J

Sorry, I've had a hectic time in the last few days, as well as having an issue on E-Bay with the seller who clearly tried to rip me off with a particularly inaccurate description. Enough said.

I'll get some serial numbers and more info tomorrow.

(UK baby! South West England to be exact. WSM, North Somerset, Close to Bristol).

Back