Logo

DT20 86' Carb Leaks Fuel through Throat when tipped forward

SuzukiOutboard

The Carb leaks fuel through the throat when the motor is tipped forward.
What is the possible problem with the carb? It never did this before. Will a carb repair kit cure this OR does it just need going through and cleaning?

There is NO specific carb rebuild kit for the DT20 only the DT25 pt:13910-95D00 $45
Will this kit work on the DT20?

TY in advance for any input regarding this matter

Mine does not "slop fuel".... it leaks like a seive till the bowl is empty, and then drains into the back of my boat while in the 1st tilted position, for more fuel just tilt higher to the 2nd tilt position. It didn't so this before, it just started recently? AND what kind of engineering can you stand behind if this circumstance creates a fire hazard? Fuel, and fuel vapors, entraped next to a hot engine, with electronic's confined within also? I think there is a reason why it did not leak before and why it leaks now.

There is also NO specific "Carb Kit" for the 1986 DT20, all the respective components have to be purchased seperately, Pin and seat $34, bowl gasket $7, Float $16, The CORK float could be heavy/saturated? and/or need adjustment, But if your going in to look, you might as well replace them all.

Think getting the Carb off on this small 20 pica /15 hp motor is a cake walk? If you have electric start the starter motor has to be removed to get at one of the carb bolts, unless you a have a fancy custom made highly contorted metric spaner to fit the bolt, confines, and can travel only in a 1/16" turn arc

Back