Logo

Throttle Problem

Where is the rest of the story ?----------Did this happen all of a sudden ? -----Just bought the motor ?---------Checked for water in the fuel ? ---------------Has the motor sat for a long time ?

I'd bet the carbs need cleaned. Those little brass pin hole orifices have a way of getting clogged... especially after storage if you didn't winterize, run it out of fuel, etc. prior to storage. You can thank ethanol like the rest of us. Start using the marine stabil or ethanol fuel stabilizer all the time.

Additionally, especially on a 3-4-6 cylinder 2-stroke... You have to keep those carbs clean all the time. You may not notice one cylinder running lean due one of those carbs being 1/2 clogged. You can end up frying a cylinder, cooking your rings, and needing a full re-boring of the block. Been there, done that, and learned the hard way. I moved on to 4 strokes as they are more tollerant of neglect than 2 stroke that doesn't get run all the time. A 2 stroke's worst enemy is lack of use.

Hi guys, I am new the forum, I have a similar problem with my 1990 115hp yamaha motor. Sometime I come out ot the hole okay other time the motor stalls. If I slowly push the throttle forward and manual choke at the same time the motor never dies and the boat come out of the hole and plane with ease. Could this also be a dirty carb. or maybe something else?

Thanks for you reply in advance.

Back