Logo

1970 1150 thunderbolt

nos4speed7

hello :D i'm new to boats and i got this motor i was told was built in 1970 the s/n is 3111701 and the boat is a 77 fourwinns 19ft deck boat i need to know two things i got it running pretty good but the belt on top the motor has slack in it is it suppose to have slack and what would be the best prop or how do i pick the right one:confused:

There is no adjustment for the timing belt.--------------This belt was used on all distributor motors that mercury built between 1954 and 1977 or so.---------Readily available and it might be a good idea to replace it.---Flywheel needs to be pulled off to do so.

Thanks for the reply racerone i'll replace it. Any ideal how i can pick the right prop for this motor an boat combo i was told the wrong prop could hurt the boats proformance and responce

The wrong prop will destroy the motor !!-----So take the time to ask a shop what you need to do to fit the correct prop.-------Information is " online " to help you as well.---------The prop attaches to the motor but " fits " the boat and the load.

Back