Logo

'93 2-stroke will only idle

jth0329

I was out at the lake the other day and went through 1 tank of gas and the engine cut off. When I switched tanks the engine wouldn't get above an idle. I thought it was the connector on the tank so I drained tank 2 into tank 1. Engine would still not go above an idle. Before I went to the lake and at the lake the engine cranked right up. The fuel is from last year.

It took me 4 hours to get back to the ramp......

Any suggestions as to what would cause this? Any suggestions on how to correct?

Thanks

How big is this motor ??--------------Check for STRONG spark on all cylinders.------------Is the motor oil injected and has that system been checked ?

How big is this motor ??--------------Check for STRONG spark on all cylinders.------------Is the motor oil injected and has that system been checked ?

It's a 90 hp. It is oil injected, the system has not been checked but it is taking oil as the level is going down as you would expect. I had the problem as soon as I ran out of gas from the 1st tank and the engine would never go above an idle.

When you ran out of gas you sucked air through the entire fuel system. Maybe you created some bubbles or vapor locks here and there... Squeeze the primer bulb over and over again until it is very hard to squeeze. Push some fuel back in there and fill lots of those air pockets that were created throughout the fuel system. Start it up and keep on squeezing while it runs for a while. I think you have air somewhere that is causing a problem.. probably in the fuel pump.

Back