Logo

Aq131a and old Gas

scortoncreekfisher

Contributing Member
OK , so the old AQ131a will be fired up in early May once i convert the ignition to the affordable Accuspark set-up as soon as it arrives. The next question which i recently thought of due to a lawn mower having bad/old gas in it, will the old gas inside the boat be any good? The gas i would assume is 3 years old at the least. I would hate to waste it or trouble myself trying to remove it if i don't have to. Is there an additive or conditioner like an octane boost i could use to give the gas a little zep or should i just toss it? Any thoughts? i want to make sure i do the right thing after waiting so long to get her running.

Get it out now.
You'll be lucky if the gas lines aren't clogged shut.
Check with local township as to disposing properly.

I agree get rid of that old gas it will only cause major issues...your local county hazaradous material center will take it.

Will seafoam remove any kind of tarnish or carbon build up that the old gas would of caused? would seafoam be a good idea anyways since it is an older motor? if so, how do i do it?

how would i know if the carbs need rebuilding , if after all that is done she runs fine. With old gas in it last year she ran fine...she didnt run for long due to the cooling situation. how much would a carb rebuild cost that is something i couldnt do. what would be an indication of a needed rebuild? cutting out, spitting... rough idle...... she does idle fine ( or last year she did)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhROBCxyrcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lTt9GvuRcg

kimcrwbr1......... i agree, and that was the thought process ..... besides, financially it is easier step by step... in the morning i am ordering the accuspark ignition conversion kit so i can get rid of the points..... then ill drain the gas in the meantime (through the sending unit ?).... gets some fresh gas....... what good spark plugs do you guys recommend for these volvo 4 cyl?

What is the best & most affordable fluid extractor? i know i saw somebody posted about this before. i Want to drain the gas tank before my electronic ignition comes...

Back