Logo

Replacing older boat trailer axle Question

Jon Blair

Ok Make a long story short lost the bearings on drive home went to replace them and hub noticed spindle was flattened on bottom so replacing axle with store bought one from tractor supply. Now the question I notice that the axle I bought has a place welded on each end were the leaf springs were attached on the other axle but this axle is round where my old axle was square and did not have theses spots what the hell am I doing can some one please help. Do I just bolt it in with the square hanger that came off the other axle or am I buying new bolts and does the welded spot go on top of the leaf springs on under them I have no freakin clue what is correct.

Got the old axle out and from center of hole to center of hole where the leaf springs mounts to the axle is 52-3/4" um all axles I see for sale don't have that measurement what do I need to do don't have a welder or I would just buy a new spindle and weld it on will I be able to find an axle with these mounting measurments?

Ok learning more how to word the question my hub face is about 62" my spring center is 52-/34" where can I find this axle and hub assembly?

Back