Logo

Fuel Water Separator Question

Chris75

Hello all.... I have a PCM 351 in a '92 Supra Comp ts6m with a Fuel/Water Separator in need of replacement.

Am I correct in understanding any separator, provided it mates with the mounting holes, will work or am I needing to find a specific model unit? Also, in either case, any suggestions on the best (most reasonably priced) place online or otherwise to get one? Online searches are showing in the $50-60 range, but that's with the mounting assembly as well... I really just need the separator itself.

Thanks in advance!

Chris, if the base adapter is usable, I agree with Bill. Just replace the cartridge.
You'll find up to three different cartridge spin-on thread sizes, so perhaps take your old cartridge along with you.

If your base adapter is corroded, replace it, or bead blast it, and clean it up. Been there/done that, and it works just fine.

Now, if you want a premium style fuel/water separating system, look at the Parker RACOR units.
These can now be bought through GLM and Sierra, and can be a retro-fit kit for your existing base adapter.
Again, all you need is the spin-on thread size.

B32020MAM_-_400.jpg

Or purchase the entire kit.
11O6-SBz2FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have 2 of these on my boat and I'm happy with them. $18 bucks each with filter & mounting bracket.

You can get replacement filters for this at NAPA.

Seachoice Fuel/Water Separator

get

Back