Logo

Replacing exhaust manifolds, risers & elbows

littlejrs

I have read lots on replacing my exhaust manifolds, risers & elbows. I even have and read the service manual that explains how to replace them. No where have I found information on how the exhaust manifold connects to ????? I completely understand how to connect my manifold to my risers but what do I need to know about connecting the manifold to the (block? engine?) I'm not even sure what it connects to or if I need to apply any sealant to the connection. I would like to replace them this weekend but need to make sure I have what I need and know exactly what to do.

I have a SeaRay 240 SD w/ 5.0L MPI Bravo III

Thanks!
Jill

I have read lots on replacing my exhaust manifolds, risers & elbows. I even have and read the service manual that explains how to replace them. No where have I found information on how the exhaust manifold connects to ????? I completely understand how to connect my manifold to my risers but what do I need to know about connecting the manifold to the (block? engine?) I'm not even sure what it connects to or if I need to apply any sealant to the connection. I would like to replace them this weekend but need to make sure I have what I need and know exactly what to do.

I have a SeaRay 240 SD w/ 5.0L MPI Bravo III

Thanks!
Jill

No sealant required , use OEM exhaust manifold gaskets and just bolt them up and tourqe them up to specs.
Hope this helps.

I can't seem to find the info in my service manual on the torque specs to attach the manifold to the engine. Do you have that info or know where I can find it in the manual?
Thanks,
Jill

If the bolts get stuck grind or cut off the ends of the bolts to slide the manifold off then use a set of large vice grips to unscrew them. You can also grind the cut bolt ends to fit a socket. No matter what always use new manifold bolts.

Back