Logo

Wire a fuel gauge into a new Honda 90hp

constablechris

Contributing Member
Hello people,Long time no post, I have been building a boat.I decided to build myself a 5 m aluminium boat 4mm base 3 mm sides fully sealed deck, side rear console. I have fitted it with a new 90hp honda.When the delaer fitted the motor he fitted the tilt gauge and the tacho, but no fuel gauge, He just left that (without all the fitting pieces)on the floor of the boat. That was just one of the crap fitting things he did. He also treaded one of the srews that holds the hydralic steering into the console and .... anyway back to the chase.....On my loom that is all bundled up under the console there are a couple of plastic fittings that fit into the fuel gauge. I would like to fit the gauge (if I can get the plastic holder thing) Any idea what colour wire I attach the tanks sender to? I am assuming one wire is sender the other wire is ground so I will take the ground direct to battery? there are 4 pins in my ;oom connector and four wires.Off the fuel sender are two wires, one has an s I think ( I have to cut the carpet and have a look)Any help would be appreciated. Ideas on where I might get the plastic fitting holder also appreciated.Had the motor fitted for 1000.00 Money wasted in my mind. Side cover for the throttle control not fitted, wired the thing contrary to my advice and now there are wires battery cables and steering hoses in four different spots going everywhere... apprentice on drugs must have fitted it up.Going to fire her up next weekend. For some reaso I cannot add a pic of the baot. Sorry. I was going to use it as a bribe...Chris

Chris - post this question on the Honda Forum on this website. There are several Honda Techs on that forum who will likely help you out. Also, I would consider investing in the Helm Shop Manual for that engine, They are pricey, but very thorough and accurate, unlike the after market manuals.

Back