Logo

202 150 V MAX :Need O-Ring that connects CHoke wire to throttle linkage

edyer1054

I was fishing on a trip a trip at Table Rock Lake last weekend. Actually, fishing in a small resort association tournament. Trying to start my outboard, it would turn over, but not start. I could smell it was flooded. I eventually was able to start it by turning it over for a few minutes until the carb cleared the fuel. After the tournament I took off the cowling and discovered the o-ring that held the choke wire to the throttle linkage was gone. I had this happen about six years ago, so I was a little slow on remembering what had happened. I had a spare from ace hardware(I thought it would work) in my boat tool kit, but it fell off the first time I tried to start it again. I remember now, that the same thing happened last time and for some reason, only the Yamaha 0-ring worked last time. Has any one found the correct size from a hardware store or some place else that works, or do I need to order one through my dealer, Moore Boats, again? Is there a better way to connect this. I don't trust the o-ring and it's a pain taking all the screws off to take te plastic air cleaner(?) off the front of the carbs to be able to get at it, especially on the water. Thanks.

Last edited:
In ten years, this is the third one that has broke. Seems like there would be a better way. I've tried to order it on-line, but can't pull up the correct diagram that even shows the choke and linage connection and the o-Ring. I wish I could just go to the hardware store and buy replacements.

Back