Logo

battery connection 1977 175hp

scanner

Hi all,
I have a Johnson 1977 175 hp V6, the wiring harness etc is in pieces as I received it, I am unable to figure out how to connect the battery to the motor, now this may be a very simple problem and it is very possible I am unable to see the trees for the forest so to speak. Any and all help would be appreciated and also I have had a look at the circuit diagrams and the manual but all to no avail.

So laymen terms would be appreciated

Scanner

Connect red to starter solenoid big terminal along with a small red wire ( one terminal already has a big red going to the starter )------------The black goes to the motor block.

Hi Racerone,
Thanks for the reply.
If I connect the battery terminal to the starter solenoid, which had passed my mind, where do the battery terminals exit, I do not see an exit point, on the upper casing, big enough to cater for their size. Also the small red wire is it already on the solenoid or do I have to add it and if so where is it connected to. Sorry for the questions but it is pitch black outside over here at the moment. Needless to say this is starting to do my head in at the moment...

Cheers
Scanner

Look for a typical wiring diagram for your motor -------------Try ---------------mastertechmarine------------or ---------maxrules-----------Google ----------might get you results too.

hi.
Have been through the schematics and other diagrams but none show the exit point for the battery cables.

Thanks

Scanner0

Thanks Haffiman,
So they exit at the same point as the main harness. I didn't think there would be enough room for both the harness and the battery cables. I will check it tomorrow morning.
Thanks again

Scanner

Back