Logo

omc stringer impeller

ron hyde

removed my water pump impeller about two weeks ago so ordered all the parts and they have come in and it's time to install them.manule is saying that the impeller goes clockwise into the housing,not sure on which way the fins are curved??? again this is a 1985 omc stringer 2.5. thanks

facing the ball gear of the upper, rotate it clockwise (that's the way the engine turns it). Then install the impeller so the vanes will trail going that way.

I think i understand but, i still have it on the boat,isn't remove so i would still install it clockwise, manule has really bad pic's it shows the water pumpshaft going into spacer plate then into impeller then turning it clockwise and going into housing???? sorry but i have a 50/50 chance of doing this wrong. thanks again

are you talking about if i have it off the boat? looking at the ball gear,but i still have it on the boat so ...... would i still install it how clockwise??? manule is showing water pump shaft going into spacer plate and then into impeller and then turning it until it goes into the housing.confused?

Back